Domestic Trips (Kingdom of Saudi Arabia )
Allowed baggage information:
All passengers are allowed to carry 75 kg for a full ticket and 35 kg for a half ticket (for children from 2 to 12 years old), provided that the following are taken into account:
1. One riyal will be charged for each additional kilo over the permitted weight.
2. Maximum baggage dimensions are: 50 cm width - 90 cm length - 40 cm height.
International Trips (Egypt)
1. Maximum baggage dimensions are: 50 cm width - 90 cm length - 40 cm height.
2. The weight allowed for passengers varies for routes to Egypt. Customers are allowed to carry 100 kg for a full ticket and 50 kg for half ticket, or as approved by the company, provided that the following is to be taken into account:
- Three riyals are charged for each additional kilo over the permitted weight, or as approved by the company.
Customers are allowed to carry one bag with them inside SAPTCO buses providing it does not exceed a maximum of 25 kg. Three riyals will be charged for each additional kilo.
- Customers coming from Egypt (routes from Duba Port to Saudi cities or Gulf countries): Customers are allowed to carry 75 kg. Two riyals will be charged for each additional kilo over the permitted weight.
- Passenger routes from Khamis Mushayt, Jazan, Riyadh, Dammam and Al-Ahsa: Baggage must be weighed and travel procedures completed 24 to 48 hours before buses depart at their scheduled times. Passengers departing from other SAPTCO terminals are requested to turn up 24 hours before their departure, or according to the local bye-laws relating to the specific marine carriers.
Other international Trips:
Customers are allowed to carry 50 kg for a full ticket and 25 kg for half ticket. Two riyals will be charged for each additional kilo over the permitted weight.
1. Each piece must weigh a maximum of 25 kg.
2. The weight of carry-on bags must not exceed 7 kg.
For safety reasons, SAPTCO prohibits the following materials:
1. Thosee that are prohibited according to the applicable laws of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia or other countries served by our buses.
2. Firearms, ammunition, swords and knives.
3. Explosives, incendiary materials, flammable materials, toxic materials, and compressed gases.
Lost baggage policy
SAPTCO recommends that its customers follow the following guidelines in the event that their baggage is mislaid:
1. Refer the matter to the baggage services personnel at the terminus immediately on arrival and before leaving the terminal.
2. Provide the baggage service personnel with necessary information, including the full name or any other names written on the baggage, as well as permanent and temporary addresses and phone numbers.
3. Provide a description of the lost baggage, including its color and shape according to the baggage identification guidelines available at the baggage service departments.
4. Ensure that a baggage claim file is obtained, along with phone numbers of the baggage service departments at the airport, and the necessary documents to be used for reference when making inquiries.
5. In the event that lost baggage is not found and it is necessary for the passenger to travel onwards to another destination, he can contact or review the baggage service personnel at his fional destination in irder for them to take the necessary actions.
6. In the event of loss of baggage and loss of contents inside the bag, Saudi Arabia shall not be responsible for compensation for the items mentioned in the page of baggage packing instructions and the page of baggage information allowed when traveling.